Jun 10, 2014

The Republic of Tea Get Gorgeous

When it comes to herbal remedies, I remain hopeful, but also skeptical. I think a lot of the results associated with chugging herbal teas and tinctures, etc. depend heavily on placebo effect. That being said, people in China drink tea every day (like, they have hot water dispensers in the airports) and rely heavily on herbs and guess what? Most of them have incredible skin, especially considering the heavy pollution many of them encounter daily.


But, this post isn't about China or the Chinese people. It's about The Republic of Tea Get Gorgeous, which is an "Herb Tea for Clear Skin." This tea contains organic Rooibos tea, orange peel, hibiscus, chamomile, red clover, chaste berry and burdock root, each of which is known do something beneficial for the skin. However, I think the bulk of the benefits (if any) are coming from the antioxidants in the Rooibos and the vitamin C in the orange peel and hibiscus flower. 

Here's my left cheek about a week ago.
Here's my left cheek this morning.

I admit, I've stopped eating dairy and I've used Finacea once or twice, which definitely contributes to the condition of my skin as of late, but I've also been drinking one to two cups a day of Get Gorgeous and my skin is no worse for the wear.

If you're starting to think I'm crazy, just know I'm not the only one. Check out the reviews of Get Gorgeous on acne.org and this post on xoVain. Placebo effects or not, if you suffer from acne (especially just a mild case), it looks like you may want to give this stuff a try.

What are your thoughts on herbal remedies? Do you think tea can heal from the inside out?

4 comments:

  1. Wow looks like it worked for you! I have this in my wish list and yet to purchase since I wonder if it really works. Maybe it's time to try now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Ru! I definitely think it did work at least a little bit. It definitely helped calm my skin down if nothing else. Plus, at $10 for 36 tea bags, it's a pretty decent price. Can't hurt to try! If you do check it out, let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  2. Woow your skin looks so good! Have to check out this tea! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jana! The tea tastes great too, just so you know :)

      Delete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)