Jun 6, 2013

Quick Thoughts: A Little Bit About Labels

          With as much money as I spend in Sephora, most people would be surprised to find out that I'm a pretty frugal lady.  Apart from the typical splurge every once in awhile, I definitely prefer TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack over most high price retailers.  I've actually extended my love of TJ Maxx's clothes into their beauty department.  I don't like to buy the actual products from them, but their beauty tool section rivals that of most beauty supply stores, and at a fraction of the cost.

The warning is there, but a little hard to read
        I'm telling you all of this because the other day I purchased a knockoff Beautyblender, the Revive Beauty Pro Makeup Blending Applicator to be exact, there for $5.  Usually they're $20 at Sephora and I have a hard time shelling out that kinda cash for a sponge.  Hello, Addison...red flag!  I was super pumped to try it.  It seemed so similar to the real deal. But as soon as I had brought it home and washed it I noticed a small warning on the bottom of the box: "WARNING: This product and/or its packaging contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and/or other reproductive harm".  So basically, my face makeup will look flawless all for the small price of having gremlin children in the future.  No thank you!

Not so innocent looking now, huh?           
            I understad that this chemical ingredient was probably isolated and injected into lab rats, yielding terrifying results and that the use of a facial sponge containing small quantities of it will probably not harm me, but that's not a theory I care to test.  I'm also a little disappointed in TJ Maxx for even having this on their shelves.  I suppose I should be thankful for a product that is so blatantly labeled, but I just can't get behind it.  Such a good waste of $5, too...  Long story short, read every inch of product packaging before you buy.

2 comments:

  1. Same here but I haven't opened it yet. Back it goes. Curiously the one on a handle that I also bought doesn't have the warning, but I don't trust it. Back it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't trust it either! Definitely return it asap.

      Delete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)