Mar 13, 2013

Manuka Honey and Cinnamon Facial

    
      Recently, I've become more and more interested in natural beauty products.  Of course I still love my synthetic chemicals and my parabens, but I figure that I have nothing to lose by going au natural every now and then.  I think part of my new natural product obsession comes from me thinking: "If I am ever stranded in some natural environment (i.e. a desert island) I could still find some of these products and be able to wash my face (and yes, I'm looking at you, Coconut Oil)".  But until I find the single, natural cure-all, I am going to continue on with my mixture of faux and natural ingredients.

  
       Neverthelesss, Manuka honey has been on my beauty radar as of late with its enticing antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.  My friend, Amy, just picked up a jar of Wedderspoon Manuka Honey for us to split at Whole Foods for about $32, but you can buy yours on DrugStore.com.  I know $32 it's a lot for a jar of honey, but do your research and you will find the uses for this stuff extend far beyond facials. Find an informative website here.
        One day I may decide to explore different uses for Manuka honey, but for now I am mostly interested in it as an acne remedy.  I'm not breaking out anything crazy, but I do have a couple spots that need to go away.  I chose to mix the Manuka honey with cinnamon, because cinnamon also has antibacterial properties.  Hopefully all of this antibacterial-ness will destroy and prevent spots!  All you need is half a tablespoon of manuka honey, a mixing bowl, and a few dashes of cinnamon.  I'd say the mixture should be about three parts honey and one part cinnamon. 

I just used good ol' Kroger cinnamon, nothing special
Approximately half a tablespoon
A couple dashes of cinnamon
      Now that you've made this delicious mixture (and I'm sure you will be tempted to taste it), apply a thin layer all over your face.  Let the mask sit for about 10 to 15 minutes then take a warm, wet washcloth and remove everything from your face.  I washed my face afterwards, but that step is not necessary.
      This mask made my face feel extremely clean and refreshed.  It is not meant to drastically and suddenly improve the condition of blemishes, but  I think that using it every once in a while could help prevent future spots.  I think I'll be keeping the Manuka honey around for a while.

Have you tried Manuka honey?  What are your opinions on all-natural products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)