Mar 27, 2013

Shower Novels

       I am a really busy person.  Not that I'm always busy in the homework/work sense, but a busy body. I always feel like there's something I should be doing and as of late, I have developed this habit of not sleeping as much in fear of missing out on something.  Is that the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard?  Well, I think it is.  This busy tendency has even translated itself into the habit of reading in the shower, hence the title of this post.  And no, I do not take actual books in the shower, I just read and re-read shampoo bottles and other product instructions.  Typically it's just the average wash-rinse-repeat spiel, but I've recently been gifted a bottle of Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Pure-Castile Soap and it has opened up an entirely new realm of shower literature to me.

Hooray for cellphone pics!  Be kind, I need to get a new camera battery.

       Each and every bottle of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps is inscribed with his philosophical thoughts promoting unity and peace.  To be honest, it's a lot of religious rambling and I don't understand all of it, but it makes for a very interesting read.  If you would like some background info, checkout a timeline of Dr. Bronner's life here.  And not only is the bottle interesting, but its contents are pretty impressive as well.  You only need a couple drops of this liquid soap to produce a decent lather and its not overly drying.  Eight different scents are available in various forms, including bar soap, lotion, shaving gel, lip balm, and body balm.  The scents available are peppermint, eucalyptus, almond, citrus, rose, baby mild, lavender, and tea tree.  I'm pretty sure I'll be buying this one again, probably in the almond scented version the next time around.  If you aren't interested in the 32 ounce bottle, Dr. Bronner's website offers multiple different sizes, from two ounces to one whole gallon!

Have you tried Dr. Bronner's soaps?  Are there any other products you buy simply because of their wordy packaging? I can't be the only shower reader in here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)