Oct 8, 2013

PLANT

As a very girly girl, I always surprise myself by preferring more masculine scents. From the perfume oil I use almost every day to my lavender deodorant to my body wash, it never fails that I pick scents most would consider to be "unisex."  Perhaps it's because I think wearing scents that translate effortlessly well for both men and women is just cool.  Do you agree or disagree?

PLANT, one of my fave newly discovered brands, has made body washes with surprising scent combos that break the mold of your typical store-bought options that generally lean strongly towards either masculinity or femininity.  The two body wash samples I received from them, GET IT ON* and WAKE UP*, were both awesome and oh, so unisex.

*Photo via plantbrooklyn.com
GET IT ON combines organic rosemary extract and the organic essential oils of cedarwood, ginger and myris sandalwood to create a sexy, full-bodied scent that doesn't evoke any unwanted memories of Victoria's Secret Love Spell. It's an effortless sexy, like a hot guy in jeans and a soft t-shirt.

*Photo via plantbrooklyn.com
WAKE UP offers a more refreshing scent, using organic rosemary extract and the organic essential oils of rosemary and lemongrass to stimulate your senses (am I sounding like a 5® Gum commercial yet?).  I could be totally off here, but it kind of makes me think of wasabi, not in the typical wasabi-clearing-your-sinuses way, though.  It's very nice.

All of PLANT's body washes use the same base of saponified organic oils of coconut, olive and jojoba, vegetable gum, glycerin extract and organic aloe vera.  The formula resembles that of a classic Castile soap, but much milder and more moisturizing.  Other PLANT body wash scents offered are CALM DOWN, with ginger and lavender essential oils, and GET HAPPY, with the essential oils of peppermint and geranium. 

At $20 a bottle, these body washes are on the pricier side, but organic ingredients aren't cheap!  But, didn't you already know that you get what you pay for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)