Oct 26, 2013

Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner

I honestly hate doing negative reviews, especially when the brand that I'm reviewing was founded on such great principle's as Indie Lee's.  And, before I getting down and dirty, I have to remind you that my skin can be über finicky, so this product may very well work for you... it just didn't do the trick for me.

But, the packaging is so gorgeous and simple... ugh!
The Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner has a fairly simple formula, thus it's original appeal to me.  Its ingredients are: water, aloe, Co-Q10, hyaluronic acid, chamomile, sage, papaya leaf extract, cucumber extract, bitter orange flower oil, phenoxyethanol and ethelhexylglycerin.  I mean, don't you just love the idea of all these natural botanical extracts working to improve your complexion?  I know I do.  However, I believe papaya and orange flower oil are responsible for some of the breakouts I experienced while using this due to mild irritation.


In defense of this toner, I purchased it when it was still very warm outside and the hyaluronic acid and aloe combo was possibly just too moisturizing for me  at the time.  My skin always felt so sticky, and eventually oily, after I applied this.  It is possible that the excess moisture was the main contributing factor to my breakouts rather than the ingredients themselves.  This means it could work amazingly for those of you with dry skin.

It's really unfortunate that I can't pinpoint exactly what it is about this toner that my skin doesn't agree with, especially since I want to like it so bad.  I'm hoping it was simply too moisturizing for my skin during the warmer late summer/ early fall months.  I may even retry the stuff now that it's colder outside, because my complexion has been looking a little dry and lackluster lately.

I must say that after reading a ton of rave reviews, I was a little disappointed.  However, I'm not going to let my experience with this product to turn me off to the brand as a whole.  I've still got my eyes on the Brightening Cleanser and Blemish Stick.  Also, should I retry this toner during the winter months and like it, I will be back on this blog, writing a post and eating my words.  Seasons change and so does your skin, so you just never know.

Have you all tried any Indie Lee products?  I would love to hear about your experiences with this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)