Dec 7, 2013

Weekend Ramblings: Binchotan Charcoal by Morihata

Just a few weeks ago I was rambling on about The October Union's Charcoal Detox Mask + Spot Fix, and today, I have a couple more charcoal gems to share with you.  My latest and greatest discoveries include the Binchotan Facial Puff* and Binchotan Toothbrush* by Morihata International.

Morihata, started by Kaz and Yuka Morihata, is a wholesale business with a Japanese twist.  They began by selling mostly home goods and similar products, but after they discovered all of the benefits of charcoal for the body, they developed a line of charcoal products to add to their offerings. Binchotan Charcoal originates from the Kishu region of Japan where artisans have been heating and rapidly cooling oak branches to create it for centuries. It's known for purifying and enhancing blood circulation.  The Morihata Binchotan Charcoal product line includes: Kishu Binchotan Charcoal Sticks, Binchotan Toothbrush, Binchotan Pumice Stone, Binchotan Facial Soap, Binchotan Facial Puff, Binchotan Charcoal Body Scrub Towel and Binchotan Eye Mask.

I was thrilled to have the opportunity to try the Binchotan Facial Puff* because I am already addicted to konjac sponges (see this post and this post).  I was even more pleased to discover that this particular "facial puff" is one of the more cleansing ones I've tried. The Binchotan Charcoal is definitely a contributing factor in this.


Also, another of their products that I was particularly fascinated by is the Binchotan Toothbrush*.  Not only were the black bristles cool, but the fact that this toothbrush is infused with actual charcoal is pretty awesome as well.  I haven't found that it cleans my teeth and better or worse than my trusty Crest toothbrush, but it definitely has a little more sex appeal (if toothbrushes can have that).



If you would like to try out the Binchotan Charcoal products for yourself, they can be purchased here.  And even if you don't buy anything, I would highly suggest a visit to Morihata's website.  They have some incredible and unique products to offer.

So, what is your opinion on these charcoal products?  Do you believe the hype?

The * denotes a product which I was sent free of cost.  Reviews will remain objective, regardless of how the product came to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)