Jul 21, 2014

Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

When I recently found out that Revlon had reformulated their Colorstay Combination/Oily foundation, I pretty much resigned myself to the idea of a life without foundation. It's not that I dread wearing foundation so much (though I'm not a huge fan), but everything I've tried apart from the old formulations of Almay TLC and Colorstay has broken me out. At least up until I made my latest discovery: Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup.


When I was directed to the Clinique makeup counter at my latest trip to Dillard's, I just let it happen. Normally, I avoid the pushy sales people and browse on my own, but on this particular day I was feeling desperate. I thought I was on the hunt for a foundation that didn't exist. No cycoplentasiloxane, oil or too many silicones... a very tall order in the world of base makeup.

However, the Clinique lady was very attune to my needs and assured me that she had something I'd like. She whipped out a bottle of the Stay-Matte foundation, did a few swatches and in the end, I was completely sold. I normally would take home a tester but like I said, I was desperate so I just went ahead and got a bottle.


After all is said and done, I am so glad I bought this. It has a fabulous texture (not quite as heavy as the old Revlon Colorstay, thankfully) and it stays put all day long. Sure, as with any foundation you may have to blot or powder here and there, but nothing worth complaining about. Also, at $23 Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup is at the low end of the high end foundation price spectrum.

It's definitely a better match to my face than my forearm.
My only recommendation with this product is that you check your cheek swatch outside before purchasing. Often times, the lighting in department stores can skew the colors of a foundation and you end up with something that's too orange or pink. But that's about it.

If you have sensitive skin like me, this could be the foundation you've been looking for. Buy yourself a bottle here or here.

Have you tried Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)