Jul 1, 2014

The Double Cleanse with Purpose and Yes to Cucumbers

I've never been a huge proponent of the double cleanse. Until this point, I thought that if your cleansing product of choice wasn't removing makeup, dirt and oil all by its lonesome, then you needed something new. But lately, I've realized that some makeup removal processes just require the extra oomph of something greasy before the foaming agents can do their tricks.


All of this being said, can I please introduce you to my latest cleansing duo? Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Gentle Milk Cleanser. These two are a match made in heaven.


When I double cleanse, I like to start out with the milk cleanser, which acts as my makeup remover. I take one pump and massage it around my face for about a minute and it removes almost all of my foundation and mascara. The Soothing Gentle Milk Cleanser rinses clean too, so you could technically stop after this first step. I don't do this, though, because my skin doesn't typically agree with moisturizing cleansers alone, which brings me to the next step.


After removing the majority of my makeup with the Yes to Cucumbers cleanser, I go in with a dime-sized amount of Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash to remove remaining traces of makeup and really deep clean (but not strip) my skin. It's pretty refreshing and very effective.

Before cleansing
After cleansing (only a teeeensy bit of eyeliner left)
So, now that I've divulged my latest makeup removal secrets, I'd love to hear how you take off your face in the comments! Are you a double cleanser as well or do you rely on one product only?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)