Nov 23, 2013

Weekend Ramblings: 4 Beauty Tools You Need

If you're into beauty like me, chances are your grooming routine is rather extensive.  It also undoubtedly involves some tools that leave your boyfriend, or even some of your friends, scratching their heads (looking at you, facial extractor).  Below you'll find a list of my favorite, not-so-confusing beauty tools that I fully believe are worth an investment.  Have a look-see!

1. Tweezerman Tweezers:  Any pair of tweezers is about the same when you're looking at the short game.  However, in the long run, Tweezerman tweezers are miles ahead.  Once you've dulled these bad boys up (and trust me, it will happen), you can send them in to Tweezerman and have them sharpened for free.  So pay $25 versus $10 only one time and have a great pair of tweezers for life.

Gen-yoo-wine snake skin
2. The beautyblender: Yes, paying $20 for a makeup sponge seems a little ridiculous, but to be quite honest, the materials of the cheap dupes I've encountered pale in comparison to the materials of the real deal beautyblender. Also, the beautyblender makes a colorless version, which I think is far safer than the popular dyed options (even those offered by beautyblender itself).  Most importantly, though, it makes your makeup look airbrushed and who doesn't love that?

 
3. Revlon Emeryl File:  I used to be the girl who changed her nail polish every three days, but due to a serious lack of time these days, my nails are typically bare. BUT, they're always shapely.  I have my beloved Revlon Emeryl File to thank for this.  One of the worst things ever is trying to file your nails with a frayed emery board.  With the Emeryl file, this never happens.  This durable metal file lasts for ages and will never fray.  Did I mention that it only costs $3?  You need this. 


4. The Clarisonic: I must say, I was on the fence about including this one.  Not only is it the most cliched beauty investment ever, but it's also not easily accessible to everyone, especially my readers on a college budget. I really do love my Clarisonic Mia, but dropping $100 or more isn't the only way to get a good face scrubbin'.  If the Clarisonic is in your budget, great.  Go get one.  However, if not, some decent alternatives are this pink silicon scrublet from Sephora or a soft baby washcloth.

 
As far as beauty tools go, these are all of my favorites. What tools do you all keep around? Anything investment-worthy?

3 comments:

  1. I'll check it out. Thanks for reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Olay Professional face scrubber... thing, I actually like it better than my mom's Clairsonic! It's under $30 too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I actually have heard good things about it! Maybe I should give it a try.

      Delete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)