Jan 15, 2014

Lucas' Papaw Ointment

I have beauty obsessions a-plenty, but one of my favorite things to do is research cult fave products from all over the world. And, of course, no cult product list could possibly be complete without the mention of Lucas' Papaw Ointment. According to their website, Lucas' Papaw Ointment has "antibacterial and antimicrobial properties," meaning it can be used on everything from sunburns to bug bites to speed along the healing process. My favorite application, however, is as a lip balm.  (Apparently) Aussies pretty much swear by the stuff, and I'm starting to get the hype.

Using and abusing the computer lab on my first day back.
The base of Lucas' ointment is actually just petrolatum, but other ingredients like beeswax and papaya combine to make it a little more substantial. Let me tell you, I've worn the stuff on plane rides and during cold walks to class and since, I have yet to experience the typical lip flakies you would normally associate with the winter season. That's a miracle in and of itself.

Some of the reviews I've read mention a funny smell, but I think it smells just a tad fruity, nothing major or unpleasant. But regardless of the smell, this stuff is great. It's now available for purchase here in the States as well, which it hasn't always been.  You can get yourself a tube here.

Have you tried Lucas' Papaw Ointment? Loved or hated it?

2 comments:

  1. hI))) I nominated you for LIEBSTER blog award! please, check it out in my blog
    http://asheartstyle.blogspot.com/2014/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I will check it out. Thank you so much:)

      Delete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)