Jul 5, 2013

Weekend Ramblings: Facial Yoga, Anyone?

This summer has been my "summer of fitness", if you will.  Aside from gorging myself on fried chicken and my Aunt Bette's amazing pound cake on the Fourth of July, I've managed to stick to a steady diet full of fruits and veggies and workout at least three times a week.  Sometimes these weekly workouts include yoga, one of my favorite types of exercise.  Yoga is about relaxation, meditation and appreciation of everything that your body can do.  It's a wonderful way to get your skinny on, if you ask me.

*Photo Via alyssasaluta.blogspot.com/


Being the fan of yoga that I am, I was happy to come across a video on facial yoga on IntoTheGloss.com today.  Normally, I'd be a little skeptical about the claims that facial yoga helps you age more gracefully, clears your sinuses, etc., but the woman in the video, Ranjana Khan,  is 57 years old and doesn't look a day over 40.  Even if facial yoga doesn't work for me in the long term, there's no harm in doing a few facial stretches every now and then, even if they do look a little silly. I'm definitely going to add facial yoga into my weekly routine now.  

That's your little tidbit of beauty for the weekend.  Do you have any quirky anti-aging tips you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)