Sep 15, 2013

Brands to Watch: MIYU Teas & Beauty

The person who coined the phrase "all the tea in China" must've really known what they were talking about.  I realized this when I was in China over the summer.  There was tea absolutely everywhere!  Huge tea shops were around every corner and most people carried around a water bottle of freshly steeped tea all day.  With all of this heavy tea drinking going on, I couldn't help but wonder if tea was partially responsible for the Chinese women's gorgeous complexions.




Connie Tai, founder of MIYU Teas & Beauty, seems to think so, as she has developed a whole line of facial mists and teas that are centered around Traditional Chinese Medicine, which of course involves a lot of herbal blends often found in tea.  I had the pleasure of sampling some of the MIYU Beauty Teas, which supposedly hydrate and reenergize the skin from within.  I received two tea samples, one De-Stress Mi Tea * and one Hydrate Mi Tea*.  I am pleased to say they were both delicious, but my favorite was the De-Stress Mi Blend.  As for whether or not they rehydrated my skin, it is a bit harder to tell.  I feel like when you're consuming something in the hopes of improving your complexion, you need to use it for at least a few weeks.




One of my favorite things about these teas, however, is the little pearls in the teabags.  I'm not too sure what purpose they serve, but they're just so pretty!  If you're looking to purchase some MIYU products, head to their website.  Each of their "pairings", each containing one facial mist and one tea, work together to improve your complexion.  I encourage you to check out their "Our Philosophy" section as well.  They are truly an interesting brand.

Have you found any unique brands lately that are worth sharing?

 The * denotes a product which I was sent free of cost.  Reviews will remain objective, regardless of how the product came to me.

2 comments:

  1. I just ordered these teas & mists last week. Can't wait to try them out! I am obsessed with the idea using "pairings". I love everything from R.L. Linden & co & am waiting to try the Autumn de Mamiel when it comes out. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying out the R.L. Linden stuff recently and I have to say that their La Balmba is to die for. I'll be reviewing that shortly. Thank you for reading:)

      Delete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)