Feb 12, 2014

Wednesday Roundup: The Beauty in Simplicity

I like simple makeup. I far prefer a look that says, "Okay, so maybe I did do my makeup in five minutes after rolling out of bed," to one that says,"Hello! this morning I woke up two hours early so I could prime each individual pore before applying six layers of foundation." There is, in my eyes, so much beauty in simplicity.

I found a few looks from New York Fashion Week that show just how pretty simplicity can be. Mind you, we're talking about makeup here and not clothing. Below you will find models at Prabal Gurung, Rag & Bone, Kate Spade and Jonathan Cohen, all made up to perfection, but never overdone.

Prabal Gurung Fall 2014; *Photo by Alessandro Lucioni via nymag.com/thecut
Rag & Bone Fall 2014; *Photo via nymag.com/thecut
Kate Spade Fall 2014; *Photo via nymag.com/thecut
Jonathan Cohen Fall 2014; *Photo via nymag.com/thecut
Gorgeous, right? Of all four, my favorite has to be Kate Spade. This particular model's complexion is just glowing. Sure, the clothes she's wearing are great, but all I really want to ask her is what skincare products she's loving at the moment. And so is the life of a beautyholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)