Feb 1, 2014

Weekend Ramblings: BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask

In general, dry lips are a huge problem for me in the winter, but so far I've been able to mostly prevent this by applying my Lucas' Papaw Ointment ever so generously. However, like with most lip balms and ointments, I've found that the Papaw Ointment doesn't last all night while I sleep. After waking up with less than moisturized lips one too many times, I set out in search of something with a little more oomph. Enter my latest discovery, the BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask.


When I first saw this product in Sephora, it pretty much looked like every other overpriced lip balm. At $26 a pop, I was thinking "No way!".  However, once I swiped some on, I knew it was different than most balms I've used before.

Much like Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips, the Agave Lip Mask has a high lanolin content, making it extremely thick and protective. However they differ in that the Agave Lip Mask contains other beneficial ingredients besides lanolin, such as jojoba oil and olive oil. The addition of these ingredients is essential because lanolin itself doesn't moisturize, rather it acts as a barrier to keep moisture from escaping, much like Vaseline.


Some people complain that the Lip Mask is difficult to get out of the tube, but this is easily fixed by rolling the tube between your palms for a few minutes to warm it up. Once you get the product out, this little extra effort is totally worth it. I mean, even after a full eight hours of sleep, I woke up with super soft lips. I'm addicted to this product and I suggest you give it a try if you can! To purchase the BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask go here.


Have you tried the BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask? What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)