Feb 26, 2014

Wednesday Roundup: Travel-Inspired Beauty Goods

Because I've been feeling a particularly strong urge to travel lately, I figured that it was only appropriate that I conjure up a random product-based Wednesday Roundup post inspired my some of my favorite travel souvenirs and memories. Enjoy!

I'm going to start out with an old favorite because during literally every trip I've been on since high school, I've been caught toting around at least one or two of these Dickinson's Witch Hazel Daily Facial Towelettes. They are individually packaged and perfect in every way. If you don't believe my love is real, just check out my other Dickinson's posts here and here.


If you've ever been on any beach vacation at all, the Skin Trip Coconut Soap is sure to bring back some pleasant memories. It smells perfectly tropical and warm. Plus, who doesn't at least occasionally want to smell like a coconut?


This particular souvenir is one of my favorite purchases of all times. Besides providing good vibes, my jade roller's other occupations include increasing circulation in my face (to make me all glowy and what not) and removing early morning eye bags. According to the Chinese woman who suckered me into buying this thing, jade is a naturally cool stone so you don't even have to refrigerate it to get a cooling effect!


Ugh, if only the mini sombrero was included. *Photo via RipeShop on Etsy.com
One of my favorite things about Mexico is horchata, this amazing cinnamon and rice concoction that is perfectly refreshing in hot weather. RipeShop on Etsy makes an adorable Mexican Horchata Lip Balm that I fully plan on purchasing here soon. Also... little known fact, but sometimes horchata means orgy in Mexico, so be careful who you're asking for it.


*Photo via osmiaorganics.com
In my lifetime, I've been to Colorado a whopping one time, but the state was just so beautiful that it definitely left an impression. The Colorado-based beauty company, Osmia Organics, offers a wide range of organic products that reflect the natural beauty of the Colorado landscape. I mean, just look at the texture of their Oh So Soap, it's beautful!


*Photo via sephora.com

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that every beauty addict remembers at least one of their first Sephora purchases, if not the first. Well, when I was 13 and I went to New York City with my dad, he bought me the Benefit Dandelion blush at Sephora. Up until this point, I had been to Sephora only a handful of times and I was already in love. The color, packaging and everything else about this product reminds me of the trip and what a great time we had.


What are some of your favorite travel-inspired beauty finds?

6 comments:

  1. Those jade rollers look interesting, would love to try them out, I'll keep my eyes open! I love the Bed Head Tigi Glaze Haze shining serum! I use it when I'm just at home too but the bottle is perfect size for travelling and it works wonders on my hair! x

    www.hannahhearts-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my jade roller. Also, the Glaze Haze sounds super nice!

      Delete
  2. love your blog!!! followed :)

    http://lifeofsarahx.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  3. I always keep face wipes with me when I travel, they are perfect for a boost and to refresh after a long journey, especially as sitting in a plane can make skin feel so dry.

    My other travel favourite would be moisturiser! I always keep a mini hand lotion in my bag, and light moisturiser for the face.

    Ayesha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still on the hunt for my perfect face moisturizer, but keeping a light one in my bag is definitely something I should do! Thanks for reading:)

      Delete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)