May 13, 2014

Bröö Volumizing Pale Ale Shampoo

As a recent college graduate, I've had the pleasure of experiencing many transitions that come along with growing up from a freshman to "real world" participant, one of those being the transition from sipping a lukewarm Natty Light at a football tailgate to enjoying an ice cold craft beer at my favorite local brewery (shout out to West Sixth!).

If you can believe it, my hair has been experiencing this particular transition as well. Lately, I've been using Bröö Volumizing Pale Ale Shampoo* and whenever I lather up with it, I feel like I'm dousing my scalp in a nourishing, citrus-flavored craft beer. This may sound unappealing to you, but it shouldn't.

Beer is made of barley and hops so it contains all sorts of proteins to nourish your scalp and fight frizz. While the alcohol content could potentially be drying, it also works as a fabulous shine activator. See? I bet beer in your hair is starting to sound good right about now, and Bröö products make it easy to do.

Bröö is perfect for everyone who's considered dumping a bottle of beer on their hair, but was either turned off by the smell or didn't want to actually go through the process of washing, conditioning, opening a beer in-shower and then, finally, beer-ing.

Bröö offers different lines of beer-based shampoos and conditioners depending on hair concern. I chose the Volumizing Pale Ale variety because my hair errs on the oily and flat side, but there's also Smoothing I.P.A. and Hydrating Porter lines.


All talk aside, I really love the Bröö Volumizing Pale Ale Shampoo and Conditioner combo. The shampoo cleanses gently and the conditioner moisturizers just enough so that my hair isn't weighed down. Also, neither product contains sulfates, silicones or parabens.

This line is pretty great and I would definitely recommend it. Also, bonus: putting beer in your hair will not give you a beer belly!

The * denotes a product which I was sent free of cost.  Reviews will remain objective, regardless of how the product came to me.

*All photos via broo.com

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting! I've used a beer hair mask a long time ago and I hated the smell. I have flat hair too, did it really help to volumize?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually really did! Well, the humidity here in Kentucky probably helped out a smidge as well.

      Delete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)