May 30, 2014

Weekend Ramblings: A Conversation with Stephanie Ferguson of Säf Organics


Despite the fact that my routine is not completely clean, I've always found an incredible amount of inspiration within the green beauty community. Stephanie Ferguson of Säf Organics, like many other people, started out in clean (or green) beauty because of allergic reactions she was having to conventional products. Then, what started out as an attempt to thwart these reactions turned into a full-blown passion for green beauty! Join me in my conversation with Stephanie as we discuss her skincare journey as well as her wonderful line of products.

*Photo via saforganics.com
 Vanity Talk: First of all, what sparked your interest in natural skincare?

Stephanie Ferguson: I was diagnosed with gluten and dairy allergies almost 10 years ago when I was working for a major cosmetics company.  I noticed I was still reacting to things after changing my diet, which prompted me to consider the products I was using.  Since skin is our biggest organ (we absorb everything we put on it within 30 seconds), I began the journey to “Green My Beauty Routine." Skin is the foundation of the beauty industry—it all starts there.

VT: According to your website, you started your company by creating products out of your kitchen. What was the first product you created?

SF: My first product was lip balm. Growing up, a close friend of mine had chronic chapped lips, which seemed to worsen with the use of Chapstick or Carmex, and so many people in my life currently struggle with the same thing. Since I am also a voice in the gluten free/vegan communities, I set out to make a completely organic, gluten free vegan lip balm with lasting results.  I believe I have succeeded in that. [Vanity Talk Note: She truly has. I’ve been able to use one of her lip balms* and it is the balm dot com.]

*Photo via saforganics.com
VT: What inspires you most in the design and creation of a new product?

SF: Nature remains my biggest inspiration!  I find it beautiful, breathtaking at times, and completely effective in lifting our mood, aiding us in healing and brightening the space around us.

VT: Are there any particular challenges you’ve had to overcome in the natural skincare industry?

SF: It is difficult being the “new kid on the block” so to speak, with small resources.  Putting myself out there has been a bit of a challenge, but the response from those who have tried us and from our repeat clients keeps me going.  They are why I do what I do!

VT: If there was one product from your line that you would consider a “must” in anyone’s routine, what would that be?

SF: Oh mercy…to pick only one?! I would have to say the Clarifying Oil would be a definite must.  You can remove makeup with it, cleanse with it, moisturize with it and use it to dilute essential oils for medicinal use.  It is definitely multi-purpose and perfect for all of us who stay on-the-go.

VT: What are your personal favorite products?

SF: I would have to say my top three are: the Clarifying Oil, Cleansing Grains and Lotion Bars [Vanity Talk Note: I sampled a lotion bar* as well... everyone should have one of these]. I also believe that I have one of the best lip balms on the market (biased, I know) and love that our masks are customizable.
 
*Photo via saforganics.com
VT: What does your own skincare routine look like?

SF: I use my Clarifying Oil daily to remove makeup/cleanse and moisturize, followed by the Immortal Serum and a bit of Lotion Bar during drier months. I use the Cocoa Superfood Facial Mask (with raw manuka honey) two times weekly, followed with Angelface Botanicals Lavender + Aloe facial toner, and finish with my Vanilla Chai Lip Balm.

*Photo via saforganics.com


*Photo via angelfacebotanic
VT: Is there anything else you would like to tell my readers about the Säf Organics line that I didn’t already ask?

SF: I am really here to help people feel confident in natural products.  There has been a stigma in the natural market for some time now, that we are all nice and work to some level…but aren’t as effective as our synthetic counterparts.  I am here, as I know we all are, to dispel that.  We are and certainly can and will be as, if not more, effective than mainstream beauty products as our ingredients benefit you for many more reasons than why you started using it in the first place. We are also looking to launch a few new things this year, including an expansion of the Beauty line, so stay tuned for that!

So, there you have it folks! Head on over to www.saforganics.com to check out Stephanie's full product line for yourself. Also, for the love of all that is green beauty, get a lotion bar* while you're there. They really are great!

The * denotes a product which I was sent free of cost.  Reviews will remain objective, regardless of how the product came to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)