May 24, 2014

Weekend Ramblings: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer

I love a bold lip as much as the next person, but come summertime, I like to tone things down a bit. I mean, who wants to be bothered with constant lipstick reapplication when they're trying to enjoy a day in the sunshine? Not me (and probably not you either).


Enter Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Cherry, the lip color of your summer dreams. I personally can't believe it's taken me this long to discover this product because I'm already a big fan of the classic Beeswax Lip Balm. But, regardless of the late discovery, this stuff is great. 

Cherry is a washed out, balmy version of any classic red lipstick... in a good way. It's sheer and glossy, but also pigmented enough to give you the color you want when lipstick is too heavy. It's pretty wonderful, and to be honest, my swatch below hardly does it any justice.


The only thing this product lacks, in my opinion, is a sunscreen. I'm by no means a sunscreen fanatic (we all no I don't wear the stuff daily), but when it comes to shiny lip products in the summer, they just need to have a little protection in them. Alas, we just can't have it all!

Tell me: Have you tried any of the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers? What's your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)