May 26, 2014

dr. dewy™ Lip Cure

Surgery sucks. Period. Granted, I've only had one surgery in my adult life and it was for my wisdom teeth, but it definitely sucked. I cannot, however, say the same thing about surgery-inspired beauty products. This super teeny, tiny niche group that consists mostly of moisturizing post-procedural cleansers and balms has recently welcomed dr. dewy™ Lip Cure*, a product meant to be used during surgery, and it is awesome.

*Photo via drdewy.com
Created by Dr. Edward Akkaway, the Lip Cure is an outstanding mixture of coconut oil, shea butter, tamanu oil and desert date oil, plus some other ingredients, that is applied to patients' lips before going under so they wake up with soft lips. But, it can also be used by regular Joes (Josephines?), like me, just looking for a decent lip balm.

I really like the Lip Cure, not only for its great ingredients, but for the fact that it doesn't feel like a heavy-duty balm. Its texture is actually quite similar to that of Waxelene, though it does a little more in the way of healing and moisturizing.

dr. dewy™ Lip Cure is a great option if you're looking for a nighttime lip treatment, but it also works wonderfully during the day. If you do a good amount of traveling, this would be also be great to have on an airplane where the air is much drier. Regardless of your reasoning for buying it, though, you can get your Lip Cure here.

Have you ever tried dr. dewy™ Lip Cure? What do you think?

The * denotes a product which I was sent free of cost.  Reviews will remain objective, regardless of how the product came to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)