Nov 21, 2012

Think Thanksgiving: Things I am Thankful For

Alright, ladies and gentlemen!  Today is Thanksgiving, one of the best holidays of the year (at least in my opinion).  We are all probably going to eat way more than we anticipated and some of us may feel bad about it afterwards, but I honestly will not.  This whole week has been a giant Thanksgiving pre-game at my house.  My grandma has cooked us multiple meals and I've eaten everything.  This day only comes around once a year, so we have to just lose our inhibitions and enjoy the food.  I know holiday posts are cliché, but I think that Thanksgiving day is the perfect opportunity to talk about a few of the products and miscellaneous beauty items I am especially thankful for.  I might even throw in some people I am thankful for, for good measure.


Dickinson's Witch Hazel:  This stuff is so cheap (about $5 here) and has been with me through thick and thin.  It makes a great toner as well as a wonderful makeup setting spray.  I've decanted some from the original 16 oz. bottle into a small spray bottle, pictured below, which I keep in my purse.  It comes in handy whenever I feel the need to freshen up.  I have to warn you, however, that it does smell a little strange, but the smell wears off in less than a couple of minutes.   


Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips:  I've already reviewed this product here, but I am in love with it.  I have found that while being amazing as a lip protectant, it's also perfect for the end of your nose after a week of over zealous tissue use due to the sniffles.  Multi-tasking products are the best!

Chapstick Vanilla Mint:  Who doesn't love Chapstick?  I am sure there are maybe a couple people  out there who don't, but I think the general population would agree that this is THE go-to lip product for those of us with tight budgets and chapped lips.  Vanilla Mint is probably one of my favorite flavors, aside from the classic cherry, of course.  It's minty without being too harsh and I love that! 

Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods Shower Gel:  This is possibly the only fragranced shower gel I have repurchased multiple times from BBW.  It is lovely and warm, and has a scent that lingers for a while after you get out of the shower.  It reminds me so much of fall.

Voluspa Makassar Ebony and Peach:  I have mentioned Voluspa's Suede Blanc in a previous post and this is another of their candles which I have fallen in love with.  This particular scent is very sweet, but not overpowering.  It smells a lot like a cup of Bigelow's Perfect Peach Tea.

Victoria's Secret Honey Suckle and White Patchouli Candles:  Unfortunately, this scent has been discontinued, but I still have two small candles left that are about 1/4 full.  I light them only when I need some serious relaxation and they just smell ah-mazing.






Vera Bradley Cosmetic Bag:  I love Vera Bradley's patterns... always have, always will.  They are so bright and classy.  This case was a gift and I love it!  It is perfect for girls like me who do not pack lightly, especially in regards to their cosmetics.  It fits just about everything I need no matter where I am going.  This case makes the perfect travel companion. 


While cosmetics are obviously very important to me, I would be crazy not to say how thankful I am for my wonderful family, friends, and boyfriend.  They are always there for me whenever I need them and they encourage me to pursue my ever-changing dreams!  I am so blessed and cannot wait to celebrate this wonderful day with them.  Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)