Aug 20, 2013

Shifting Gears

If it's not obvious, I have been slowly (and a bit unsurely) changing the theme of my blog for the past few months.  After much research, as well as some health issues that have surfaced in my own family, I have found myself browsing through more Whole Foods' beauty aisles than those in Sephora.  I'm starting to make some lifestyle changes in one of the areas that affect my life the most, skincare and cosmetics. Fear not, though, as I never plan on switching to exclusively natural products. You can still expect the odd NARS or Maybelline post.  I mean, unless someone can magically turn Revlon Colorstay or J&J's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash into all-natural products, then a totally eco-friendly routine just ain't gonna happen! But, I'm going to change what I can while still being satisfied with the quality of the products in my routine.  My new beauty approach is more about balance than anything.

I've accepted that I may never again find a facial moisturizer that works for me like Cerave, so I'm going to continue to use that, but I'm going to switch over to an organic body lotion.  I'm just doing what I can to decrease the amount of unnatural chemicals I use on my body daily.  I've said it once and I'll say it again: you have to die from something, so if parabens and polysorbate-20 kill me, then whatever.  I had a good run.  However, if there is something I can do to prevent this while still looking good (i.e. not like a total hippie), then I'm going to do it.

Last, but not least, I've got to ask you all, my readers, to be patient with me as I enter into a full-on trial an error process.  There's going to be a lot of product testing going down, probably a lot of breakouts and most definitely, a lot of exciting new discoveries.  Also, we may find that I run back to my original all-unnatural skincare/cosmetic routines, screaming and crying.  We just don't know yet.  But let's keep an open mind, shall we?  I think it's going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)