Aug 18, 2013

Weekend Ramblings: Sephora Brand Jumbo Liner

Ok, let's have a moment of shallow honesty: I sometimes judge store brand makeup (hopefully I'm not the only one here).  It's like buying generic Pop Tarts.  Maybe they're both strawberry flavored, but you know you're eating a generic Pop Tart and the filling tastes a little different, even if it's not.  It's for this reason that when I'm in Sephora, I tend to opt for name brands such as Clinique, YSL, Tarte versus the Sephora brand.  Maybe they're not much better, but I get the peace of mind that comes for a few extra dollars.




Well, I was in a pinch the other day and ended up buying the Sephora Waterproof Jumbo Liner 12 Hour Wear in Brown.  Something about the Sephora display, with all of its products laid out in an easy-to-find format is comforting when you need to leave in a hurry.  Anyways, I made my purchase and I've been using this eyeliner for the past few days, both as a shadow and liner, and I am absolutely thrilled with its quality.

The Jumbo Liner comes in a wide range of shades, from White to Electric Blue Matte.  The Brown shade I bought is more of a bronze, perfect for a sultry summer eye.  Application is a breeze with the large tip and though it is an amazing eyeliner, I prefer to use it as an eyeshadow, then use a more matte brown liner around my eyes like I usually do.

At $14 a pop, you honestly can't beat the price.  You'd be hard pressed to find this quality of an eye shadow/liner stick in any of the name brand collections at Sephora.  I'm totally a believer in the Sephora brand now.

How do you feel about generic makeup brands?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)