Aug 1, 2013

Jurlique Purifying Foaming Cleanser

I just need to start this post off with a resounding "Whomp, whoooomp".  I so wanted to like Jurlique's Purifying Foaming Cleanser and all of its natural goodness, but unfortunately, some things just aren't meant to be.
*Photo via Jurlique.com
I am constantly pushing my skin's limits when it comes to skincare.  I know that in most cases, fragrance and my skin don't mix well, but Jurlique's cute bottle claimed to be a "refreshing foaming cleanser to remove the day" and those words were good enough to make me ignore my skins typical aversions to both lavender and tea tree essential oils, two key ingredients. Bad idea, Addison.

Ok, I'll admit I am being a little dramatic.  It's not like this cleanser causes me to break out in horrible hives or anything, my face just gets all red and tingly after using it. However, that little bit of irritation is a lot more than my trusty J&J's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash has ever caused (seriously, I don't even know why I try different foaming cleansers at this point).  I love my oil cleansers and cleansing grains, but sometimes a girl just needs something with a little foam. And while J&J's isn't totally chemical-heavy, it doesn't quite fit the natural bill I'm trying to incorporate into my skincare routine.

I suppose the search for a natural, minimally fragranced (and reasonably priced, unlike some *cough* Jurlique) foaming cleanser continues!

2 comments:

  1. My face is the one thing I can't do totally natural with because it freaks out from natural ingredients. I've been using Aveeno foaming facewash and like to think it's somewhat natural (and affordable!). :)

    xoLiz / http://dearandi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, finding all natural products (at a reasonable price, nonetheless) has proven to be quite the task. At the moment, I am currently mixing either manuka honey, cleansing oil or cleansing grains with my J&J's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash. I've found this to be an effective way to combine natural with "unnatural" (for lack of a better term).

      Delete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)