Nov 8, 2012

Saving Money for Christmas Gifts Means NO MORE SEPHORA...

  But of course I had to stock up before I start this self-imposed spending ban!  Pictured above is my last Sephora mini haul for a while.  I got a few things I actually needed and then a couple of things out of curiosity.  I'd say that's enough of an intro.  Let's see the products up close!


Benefit's Cream Shadowliner in Birthday Suit:  In my "Totally Taupe in Stats Class" article,  I mentioned that Tough as Taupe was too matte on its own.  Well,  I have found its much more fun, adventurous twin sister named Birthday Suit!  The texture of this product is surprisingly light.  It's creamy when applied, but dries down to a light powdery finish.  It wears wonderfully on its own or it can be applied over Tough as Taupe for a little more oomph!  It's such a natural shimmer.  It's very hard to over do it with this one!



Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes:  This item was actually one of my 100 point perks!  I have yet to try it honestly, but I love the regular Lancome Hypnose so I imagine this mascara is probably pretty nice as well.  I do like how the brush is tapered with a smaller end for the smaller lashes.  Perhaps that will make a difference!  I'll get back to you all with a review for this one!
*Update: Not honestly a huge fan.  It doesn't smudge so that is a plus, but it's definitely for people who are looking more for length than thickness.  My lashes are pretty long so I usually opt for a thickening mascara.  In my opinion, even if you are just looking for length, there are better, cheaper mascaras out there.  



Dr. Lipp's Original Nipple Balm for Lips:  Yep, you read that right.  This was once recommended for nursing mothers, but has been repackaged and is now sold as a lip balm!  I am absolutely thrilled with this product.  I picked this up out of curiosity on my way up to the register.  Honestly, I love multi-use products, especially ones that have been used for while by particular consumers, such as picky new mothers.  It is 100% medical grade lanolin and a real treat for your lips.  I have found that the balm itself is not super moisturizing, but meant to be more of a protectant.  I usually apply a different, light lip balm underneath, then apply this over top.  It protects my lips from the cold fall air for hours and the shine lasts just as long!





Sephora Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner in 08 Brown:  This is a pretty basic waterproof eyeliner. It's very richly pigmented and has a little shimmer in it which I love, of course.  This particular shade of brown is really warm in my opinion.  It looks good on brown eyes, if I do say so myself!







NARS Concealer in Custard:  I am a concealer junkie.  There, I admitted it.  However, this is the first stick concealer I've ever used.  It is great for covering up discoloration.  As far as undereye concealers go,  I think I would be better of with a liquid as this often looks cakey if not blended properly.  The color is nice, though, and it really does wonders for the redness on my cheeks and around my nose.  I will for sure keep using this stick, but I'm not quite sure if I will repurchase or not!








Sephora PRO Shader 18:  For a self-proclaimed makeup addict, I have a really shoddy collection of brushes.  Most makeup artists and beauty experts claim good makeup brushes make a world of difference, but when I am forced to choose between a $30 brush or a $30 eyeshadow, I will almost definitely choose the eyeshadow.  I am trying to expand my brush horizons, however, so when I was in Sephora the other day I told myself I would buy one new brush.  This particular brush is meant for eyeshadow, I believe.  I have actually been using it to blend my new NARS concealer and I think it works really well for that!


These are some great products so I hope they can last me until the end of my Sephora spending ban after December 25th!  We shall see!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)