Apr 16, 2014

Wednesday Roundup: "Why I Don't Wear Makeup" by Leandra Medine

If you're into fashion, you've undoubtedly heard of Leandra Medine of The Man Repeller. She is one cool, classy, sassy and fabulous lady who has a lot to say about fashion and a little to share about her opinions on makeup.

She's gorgeous!
*Photo via The Coveteur
Not known for her blending techniques or winged liner expertise, Medine doesn't use makeup in her everyday life and to that I say, "You go girl!" She exudes an enviable confidence in everything she does and I personally think it'd be a shame to cover such light with makeup. However, she has readers and business partners who disagree.

Apparently some guy (a supposed business "professional") called her "ugly as f**k" in an email on which she was accidentally cc'd, leading her to address this issue publicly in her article, "Why I Don't Wear Makeup." I hate that the basis for the article was hateful comments, but I am so glad Medine wrote it. It's a great read.

Check out "Why I Don't Wear Makeup" for yourself if you get the chance and start being a little kinder to yourself when you look in the mirror. If you feel better without makeup, then you wear that naked face with pride (I'm admittedly still working on this). Yay, Leandra!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)