May 9, 2013

NARS Satin Lip Pencil

      
       NARS... What can I say about NARS?  Can they just do something wrong already so that I won't be coerced by my fellow bloggers to go out and purchase their rather pricey products?  I thought I was strong, but after reading rave beauty blog reviews I had to go buy one of their newest Satin Lip Pencils.  Ok, FINE! I bought 2, dangit.  The shades I found most appealing were Yu and Luxembourg.  Yu is described by Sephora as "bright pink" and Luxembourg is described as "watermelon".  Both colors are brighter than anything I've ever worn, but I figured hey, it's summer now and I want to look sassy.
        These Satin Lip Pencils perform in a manner that reflects their name.  They glide on like, well, satin, and they are extremely pigmented.  I've been slowly, but surely, easing myself into wearing these during the day by mixing them with Smith's Rosebud Salve and then applying them to my lips.  This way they look more like a balm stain.  When mixed with the salve, these lip pencils have a staying power of about one hour, which definitely leaves something to be desired.  For longer wear I would recommend wearing them alone with only a coat of a clear lip gloss on top.  This should give you at least 3 hours of wear sans reapplication.

Luxembourg and Smith's Rosebud Salve
       
Top to Bottom: Yu, Luxembourg
       The NARS Satin Lip Pencils cost $25 each at Sephora and they come in 13 different shades.  The texture and pigmentation are the true selling points of this product.  I would definitely recommend trying the colors in store before purchasing them on line, as they may be brighter than expected in person.  All in all, these babies are a great product and their slim profile makes them perfect to throw into any purse or clutch.  I recommend!  

Have you tried the Satin Lip Pencils?  Love 'em? Hate 'em? 

2 comments:

  1. Hahah I agree with you, NARS always seems to be spot on with their products. They're the reason why I'm broke. Lol.

    Just followed you, and I hope you can check out my blog, I'm only starting out :) Isabel's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh it's such a love/hate relationship lol. I will definitely check out your blog! Thanks for reading dear:)

      Delete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)