May 16, 2013

Origins Super Spot Remover

         People who know me know that me leaving Sephora without buying something is like the Pope being a Southern Baptist...it just doesn't happen.  This can get me into a lot of trouble, especially when I'm trying to save up my money.  And since I'm traveling a lot this summer and working very little, save my money I must!  So, I've been avoiding Sephora.  Unfortunately I could no longer avoid it yesterday and I went in under the premise that I would only be purchasing a graduation/birthday gift for one of my best friends.  Surprise, surprise! I ended up buying myself a little something too: Origins Super Spot Remover.

        
           The Origins Super Spot Remover is a treatment for blemishes and the active ingredient is 1.50% salicylic acid, which is all well and good because my skin usually responds well to that.  However, Origins went ahead and included a bunch of unnecessary fragrant plant oils.  This does nothing for inflammation and redness, but rather exacerbates it, in my opinion.  Why do most natural brands feel as though their skincare has to smell good?  Fragrance has almost nothing to offer in the way of benefits for your skin. UGH!  Ok... rant aside, the Super Spot Remover did dry out my blemish, but it also left the surrounding area very red and sore.  I think for $14.50 I will be returning this one to Sephora ASAP.

2 comments:

  1. Well what I need right now is a spot treatment that takes these gosh darn cystic pimples away! Does Sephora have one of those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EradiKate by Kate Somerville is a great option if you're looking to go the Sephora route. However, I've found that the best spot treatments come from the drugstore. Neutrogena's On-the-spot or Clean&Clear's Persa-gel are both awesome. Also, for a home remedy, try crushing up an uncoated aspirin and mixing it with water then putting the paste on the spot. Works wonders! Hope this helps:)

      Delete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)