Feb 13, 2013

Clean Up Your Act!

I don't know about you all, but cleaning my makeup brushes is a huge chore for me, especially liquid foundation brushes.  After a long trial-and-error process, I have come up with a great, quick way to effectively wash your brushes. Read on for more deets!



Step 1: Gather Supplies
-2 cups
-mild soap (I prefer Johnson's baby wash)
- 1 small towel 
-any brushes that need cleaning 


Step 2: Fill cups with soap and water
Fill one cup with soap and warm water.  This is the cup you will use to clean makeup off the brushes.  Fill the other cup with only cold water.  I have found that cold water rinses soap off of brushes more easily. 


Step 3: Cleanse
Swirl the brush around in the warm, soapy water for about 15 seconds.  The water should change color from all of the makeup washing off of the bristles.

The soapy water post-dirty brush


Step 4: Rinse
Now, rinse the brush in the cup containing only cool water by swirling it around for 10 seconds.  If the water in this cup changes color at all, you need to repeat Step 3 (but with new soap and water, of course).


Step 5: Drying
First, towel dry the bristles by swiping them back and forth across the towel until they are no longer dripping wet.  Finally, lay the brush on the towel so that the bristles hang over the edge of your  countertop.  This allows them to dry in a more natural position so that the bristles aren't flat on one side.  


I recommend repeating all 5 of these steps per brush, because you don't want any of the dirt from the first brush to transfer onto the next.  I hope this helps any of you looking for an easy, effective way to clean your brushes.  I would even say this is more effective than using a professional, expensive makeup brush cleaner!  Give it a try and report back to me with your results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)