Feb 17, 2013

Weekend Ramblings: Lashing Out


While I was going through my beauty stash during my last visit home, I came across some fake lash clusters (for lack of a better word) that I've had since prom of my senior year!  Wow, that's about 4 years.  Of course the tube of glue that came with them was totally dried out, but the lashes were still useable.  I've already worn them once since coming back to school and I have fallen head-over-heels back in love.  My eyelashes are pretty long naturally, but they are also quite thin.  These help to increase volume more than even the best mascara.  I've found that using 3 lash clusters per eye is perfect for me, but of course how many or how few you use is completely up to your discretion.  A package of 56 lashes costs only about $4 at Walgreens.  There are four different lengths of lashes in the package, but I recommend cutting them each down to a length to match your own or you run the risk of giving away your fake lash secret.  The lash glue I purchased (from Walgreens as well) is by a brand called Duo and it costs $6.49 for a tube.  I am guessing the tube contains enough for at least 15 applications.  My only word of advice when it comes to eyelash glue is that you keep the cap screwed on tightly.  As soon as air gets into the tube your lash glue is dunzo.  I just put some glue on the back of my hand, pick up a lash cluster using my tweezers, dip the end in the glue, and place it very gently on my lash line.  I've put some before and after pics below so you can see just how much of a difference these babies make!

Before and without mascara
After and without mascara
The final result with eye makeup and all
And of course, a photo of me and my besties (Emily, Me, Sara) before our fun night out in Louisville!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, they look gorgeous! As well as you, ladies♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)