Feb 14, 2013

Valentine's Makeup For a Night Out

The Goods
 Happy Happy Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!  Amidst writing this post, my boyfriend surprised me at the sorority house with a beautiful bouquet and chocolates.  I am too spoiled! He hasn't told me what exactly we are doing tonight, but I know I'm wearing a black dress which lends itself to a smokey eye.  Using a few random shadows in my stash, I have created an awesomely easy smokey eye that's perfect for a night out on the town with your man, your girlfriends, or whoever you've decided to celebrate Valentine's Day with!  Check it out!

Top to Bottom: Merle Norman Coffee Bean, Maybelline Color Tattoo Tough as Taupe,  Maybelline Natural Smokes 1 and 4,  and Stila Kitten 

Step 1: Apply a thin layer of Tough as Taupe to your entire lid.  This creates a great deep shadow base, but make sure to be light-handed with this step as dark taupe would be extremely overpowering. 

Step 2: Sweep Maybelline's Natural Smokes 1 (the cream color) across your entire lid.  This softens the taupe without covering it completely.  

Step 3: Use a small blending brush or your pinky and dab the darkest Maybelline Natural Smokes shadow 4 along your top and bottom lash lines, blending it outwards on your top lid towards your crease.  Also, put a little bit of this eyeshadow on the outward corners of your eye and blend it inward towards the crease.  

Step 4: Use only a little bit of Stila Kitten on your inner eyelids and sweep it over your eyelid.  Shimmer and light colors on the inner corners really brighten your eyes.  Sweeping it outwards over the entire eyelid gives a quick wash of shimmer that glams up this simple look.

Step 5:  Finally, line your eyes all the way around and smudge the eyeliner so it isn't in a perfect line.  This adds to the smokiness!

Now, don't forget to curl your lashes and add mascara.  You look gorgeous, darling!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)