Nov 9, 2012

Don't Get Mad, Get... A Better Hand Cream!


Many great things are starting to happen around this time of year.  Starbucks is bringing out the Christmas cups, they're finally starting to play Christmas music on the radio again, and (drumroll!) holiday cosmetic collections are being introduced!  I have my heart set on Laura Mercier's Colour-to-Go Portable Palette for Eyes, Cheeks & Lips in Warm Neutrals.  However, with all of these good things happening, there has got to be a downside, right? Right.  And that downside is dry, wintery hands.  I have found two Burt's Bees products that have really been helping me a lot with this as of late.  Neither product is really Holy Grail in my opinion, but they are both doing a decent job at making sure my hands don't look I've been playing with chalk.  

Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme...where do I start?  Well, I love anything that smells like almonds so that was my main reason for buying this.  It is very rich and moisturizing.  I actually love it when I have ten minutes to sit around and let it soak in, but that's just not realistic.  It's so thick and errs on the side of greasy.  I can't carry it around in my purse and apply it whenever I want because everything I touch ends up with little grease smudges all over it.  That's just gross in my opinion.  As for the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, I'm in love with it.  No, I do not think it has reached Holy Grail status simply because this is the first cuticle cream I've used on a regular basis.  I bite my nails, especially when I'm stressed, so they always look a little bit rough. I keep this cream on my nightstand and apply it around my nails before bed.  With consistent application (once or twice a day) my cuticles and nail bed look visibly healthier within a week.  I've found that when it comes to dry skin during the winter the best thing you can do is keep some lotion handy (no pun intended) and apply it as often as possible.  Now go get yourself a White Peppermint Mocha at Starbucks and get on with that Christmas shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)