Nov 15, 2012

Shea-dy Deep Conditioner



Do you ever have a product that you bought on a whim and hated it from the first try, but you hate to throw it away and just cannot seem to use it up?  That is how I am feeling about the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque right now.  Out of all the deep conditioners on Target's shelves, I had to choose this one.  What it was about this masque that was so appealing, I really don't know.  Sure it has a lot of natural ingredients and no parabens, etc., but parabens and chemicals have never really bothered me.  I mean, you've gotta die from something, right? It might as well be beauty products.  Maybe I liked the simple packaging? Anyways, back to the actual product...  It is a really strange, lotion-y formula.  It never seemed to soak into my hair, but instead it just sat on top of it.  I think this may be for coarser textured hair, so that is probably my main problem.  I've finally resorted to using it as shaving cream and it does a decent job with that.  The oils -sea kelp and argan- and lack of alcohols and detergents make this great for your skin, but I just don't think it did what is was supposed to do for my hair.  Its effectiveness probably differs from person to person, but I will not be repurchasing.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)