Nov 17, 2012

Weekend Ramblings: Saturday Afternoon Glow

In the past year I have become addicted to shimmer.  First of all, let me emphasize the word "shimmer".  I am not talking glitter, people.  I am referring to the shimmer that gives you back that glow you seem to have misplaced last night when you were trying to hail a cab to get back to your sorority house at 2:00 a.m.  I always thought that shimmery, glowy products were only for ladies with perfect complexions, and that they would only accentuate my bad areas.  I am happy to admit that I was very wrong.  When placed on the correct areas of the face, these following products will work wonders!  I am sad to say I haven't really learned how to contour using makeup, so I just put the product where I think it looks right and it works just fine.
   This addiction started with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Warm Soul, which was given to me by a friend, and I haven't looked back since.  This blush is perfect for looking as though you've just spent some time in the sun.  It's a lovely combination of a bronzer and a dusted rose blush.  I've found it to be flattering on every occasion, whether I'm going on a date or to class.  



















  
   Recently, I've also had my eye on the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks, but as you know, I am currently on a spending ban.  This ban only applies to Sephora and the counters in Macy's an Dillard's, however, so everything in Target is fair game.  This is how I cam across the Physician's Formula's Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Beige.  They looked so similar to the Bobbi Brown Shimmer bricks (not to mention they were half the price), so of course I had to buy one.  This powder is amazing.  I wet a makeup sponge and dab it on the powder, then swipe it over my cheek bones and the bridge of my nose.  It looks gorgeous and gives a very subtle glow.  Whether you had a rough night or just want to look a little bit more alive, a product with a little shimmer could be just what you are looking for! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)