Nov 13, 2012

Today My Skin is Just Blah...What Next?





















I got an amazing night of sleep.  So why in the whole wide world did I wake up with skin that was dull and sleepy looking?  Unfortunately,  I don't know the answer to that question and I doubt you do either.  What I do know is how to remedy this little "blah" skin issue.  I met my favorite face mask about a year ago and it was love at first application.  It's called the Anti-blemish Solutions Oil-Control Cleansing Mask by Clinique.  This mask is kaolin based.  Kaolin is a white clay with absorbent properties and works wonders for those of us with oily complexions.  Additionally, this mask contains one percent salicylic acid for chemical exfoliation that kills acne forming bacteria.  Many would think that a mask meant to absorb oil would just suck all of the joy right out of your face, but I totally disagree.  I've found that when my face looks tired, a clay mask is about the only thing that turns it around.  However,  it is true that this particular mask can be a little drying.  Therefore, after I've rinsed it off completely using only warm water and my hands,  I layer on my Cerave moisturizer, let it soak in for a few minutes, then use tissue to dab off the excess.  This leaves your skin glowing.  This trick can be tried after any mask application, not just clay ones.  Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)