Nov 20, 2012

You Might Be a Skincare Nerd When...






















You are so excited for the arrival of your konjac sponge!  Let's just get the first obvious question out of the way: what the heck is a konjac sponge? Konjac is a type of potato grown in Asia, therefore a konjac sponge is made from the material of the konjac plant. Women in Asia have apparently been using this potato for years due to its gentle exfoliating and cleansing properties. Honestly, I had no idea what this would really do when I was placing my order on Amazon; but let's be real, the majority of Asian women have great skin, so I will buy whatever they're selling. These sponges come in a few different varieties, including French Green Clay, French Red Clay, Charcoal, and Pure.  Each type of sponge addresses a certain skin issue.  I chose the Charcoal one as it is recommended for oily, problem-prone skin.  Many different companies manufacture these, but I purchased mine here for about $6 not including shipping.  I don't know that it is much more than a glorified facial sponge, but it's something exciting and new to try!  I am hoping that the activated charcoal it contains will help to keep spots away, but only time will tell.  When the sponge first arrived, it was pretty small and hard, but after allowing it to soak up some warm water it grew to the size of my palm and became very soft and spongy.  I think it is much softer than a washcloth and perhaps even gentler than a muslin cloth.  In order to use this I just wash my face with my typical cleanser, then buff the sponge over my skin, and finally, I rinse everything off.  My skin feels super soft after.  For now I think I will consider this random purchase to be a success!

2 comments:

  1. I used both the Pink Clay and normal white Konjac sponges from the Konjac Sponge company. They made my skin greasy, and I broke out/got clogged pores.I tried them with and without cleanser.
    I use muslin cloths~and I should have never strayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always use mine with a cleanser. Muslin cloths are awesome too. Stick with what works best for you. I suppose as beauty junkies we just have to try something new every now and then! Thanks for reading:)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)