Nov 5, 2012

Totally Taupe in Stats Class

If only my enthusiasm for makeup was matched with an enthusiasm for statistics, STA 210 wouldn't be so horrible. But it is extremely boring and my teacher often rambles on about sports and I "accidentally" tune out. That's why I am choosing to discuss my most recent drugstore discovery while he goes on about the Giants or whatever. Blah blah blah Giants blah blah Bengals...anyways, my enthusiasm for makeup may lead many people to believe that I like to experiment with crazy colors, but in all honesty it takes a lot to get me to put on a brightly colored lip or eyeshadow. For my everyday life as a college student I prefer to keep things clean and simple, opting for nude-ish, possibly shimmery shadows versus highly pigmented bright colors. Just recently I ventured into experimenting with a berry lip color, but that's another story. I like to look made up, but not like I'm going to my senior prom. Needless to say, I was delighted when I first used Maybelline's Color Tattoo eyeshadow in "Tough as Taupe". It's a matte taupe color that is very buildable. I do think this color is a little too matte to be worn alone, but when placed under my Urban Decay "Hustle" or "Sin" it acts as a beautiful base that creates depth as well as increases staying power. I dare to say that it works as well as the Urban Decay Primer Potion as an eyeshadow primer. It's like eyeshadow glue, if you will. But hey, I understand that it's different strokes for different folks so some of you may prefer it alone. I just prefer a little glowyness on my eyelids! I look forward to trying more colors out of the Color Tattoo Collection and I hope they deliver as well as Tough as Taupe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)