Dec 28, 2012

Drinking the Clarisonic Kool-Aid

Isn't it beautiful?
    As the title of this post suggests, I have indeed purchased a Clarisonic.  The Clarisonic Mia to be more specific.  I debated whether or not I should just go ahead and buy the Clarisonic Plus in a "Go Big or Go Home" mindset; but in my opinion, two extra speed settings and a body brush head just aren't worth the extra $105.  I am a little curious about the body brush head, though.  Are there really people out there who take the time to wash their entire body with such a small contraption?  Hmmm... life's little mysteries.  Another bonus of buying the Mia is the smaller profile which I much prefer to the clunkier Clarisonic Plus.  Not to mention, mine is pink and if you know me, this should not come as a shock.  I'm pretty girly in all of my actions and I don't think washing my face should be any different.



















       When I got home this evening, I rushed to my bathroom and plugged the Clarisonic in to charge for a few hours.  To keep myself entertained, I sifted through the six samples I had picked up at Sephora earlier today when looking for my Mia.  The brands included Murad, Fresh, Origins, and Philosophy.  All of these brands have great reputations in the beauty world, but I wanted to stick with what I knew while trying out my new big ticket item.  I grabbed my Johnson & Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash and went to work.  I took off my eye makeup first then covered my face in the cleanser.  I hit the power button on my Mia and spent about ten seconds on each area of my face  (left, right, and t-zone).  All I could say after rinsing my face was "Wow!".  My skin GLOWED!  I also used a sample of the Origins Clear Improvement mask afterwards to combat some breakouts on my chin.  After all is said and done, and the mask has been rinsed off, I've got to say I am extremely pleased with the results. I think it may be love!  I purchased my Clarisonic Mia for about $30 after using all of my Sephora gift cards, but I would totally buy this full price.  If possible, go buy one and try it out.  Sephora is usually very generous with returns.  I don't see why it would be any different with the purchase of a Clarisonic.

Origins Clear Improvement
Origins Clear Improvement


My slew of samples
So, what is the general opinion on the Clarisonic?  What cleansers do you like to use with your Clarisonic?  Do you believe in its deep cleansing powers or do you think it's just another skincare gimmick? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)