Dec 25, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy Haul-idays!, Part 1

    As I am writing on this lovely Christmas afternoon, I am reminiscent of my childhood.  Possibly due to the quart of hot cocoa and tin of buckeyes I ate this morning; or maybe it's the now-empty stockings still dangling from the mantle above the lit fireplace.  Regardless of the cause, I always welcome thoughts of warm Christmas memories.  Earlier, I was contemplating whether or not I should blog about all of my beauty loot at once, or spread out the posts.  I've decided that since Christmas only comes around once a year, I should make my series of Christmas Gift Posts last as long as possible!

  
    Following the theme of childhood memories it is only appropriate that I first discuss some beauty books I received.  Though I am not a makeup artist by any means, I like to think that I do a pretty good job with my own makeup.  When I was younger, it was a totally different story.  Thank goodness for books that taught things like makeup application and skincare, or I could have been a real cosmetic nightmare.  This Christmas, I received InStyle Ultimate Beauty Secrets and the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual.  These books are basically the grown up versions of those cheesy American Girl makeup manuals we all had.  They're great for picking up random tricks and tips.  The Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual is especially helpful, but I am biased as she is one of my all time favorite makeup artists.


    Next in line is the Laura Mercier Colour-To-Go Warm Neutrals palette.  I am so in love with this.  It contains three gorgeous eyeshadows in Ballerina Pink, Cocoa Brown, and Rosy Taupe, a cake liner in Ground Espresso, blush in Lotus Pink, bronzer in Soft Bronze, and a lip glacé in Baby Doll.  The product sizes are generous and yet they all fit perfectly into a petite compact, perfect for throwing into any handbag!

   I hope everyone is having a Christmas as lovely as mine.  Now, you'll have to excuse me as I go read and experiment with my new products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)