Dec 29, 2012

Weekend Ramblings: December Eye Makeup Discoveries


    Up until this year, I have never been one to swoon over eye makeup.  Sure, I might do it up for a special occasion such as a sorority formal or a nice date with my boyfriend, but other than that, I've always felt that it was a tad unnecessary for everyday life.  However, when I purchased Urban Decay Naked, it was game over.  It's been a few months since then and my eyeshadow reservoir is growing almost weekly.  I have three new products that I find myself reaching for quite frequently:  Merle Norman's Pro Pen Eyeliner in Sharp Black, NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere,  and Stila's Kitten.


From top to bottom:  Merle Norman, NYX, Stila

Merle Norman Pro Pen Eyeliner in Sharp Black:  This eyeliner applies like a dream.  The applicator tip is pen-like, making winged liner much easier for ladies like me, with unsteady hands.  It also lasts for hours, which is quite a feat for a liquid eyeliner.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere:   Everyone loves a good bargain.  NYX products always deliver great quality at an even better price.  I love using this color on the inner corners of my eyes and the lower lash line.  It's a glowing cream color that brightens your entire eye area.  If I were a betting woman, I'd also bet that this would look amazing right beneath your brows, as well as on top of your cheek bones.

Stila Eye Shadow Pan in Kitten:  Out of these three eye products, I'd say Kitten has been my biggest surprise.  I hardly ever wear eyeshadows lighter than my natural skin color.  I can't explain why, but light pinks and creams make me feel slightly juvenile, like a five year old at a ballet recital.  This shimmery, creamy-pink is very flattering.  I didn't even realize what a large following this product had until I did some post-purchase research.  It's quite popular, and I can see why!


Do you have any new eye product discoveries this month?  What are your favorite liners and shadows of the winter season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)