Dec 18, 2012

YSL's Mascara is "Shocking"-ly Gorgeous

Notice anything different?
    Today's post is going to be the first of many that will include a photo(s) using an actual camera, and not just some shoddy iPhone camera.  My sister has been sweet enough to lend me her Sony NEX-3 and I am thrilled!  As a celebration, it is only fitting that I blog about a product that is equally thrilling.  That product is Yves Saint Laurent's Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking in Deep Black.  This was given to me by one of my best friends as an early Christmas present.  When I opened the black and white Sephora box and saw the familiar gold packaging my heart jumped.  It could only have meant one thing: Yves Saint Laurent!
    I've been wearing this mascara for the past few days, and I adore it!  I personally am a black-mascara-or-no-mascara kind of girl, so this color is perfect for me.  However, they do offer this in a few other colors such as Sea Black, Black Bronze, and Cherry Black.  This formula lasts for hours without flaking or smudging, yet comes off very easily with a gentle cleanser and warm water.  The brush is very similar to that of the ever popular Lancome Hypnose, which I've reviewed in my "Presidential Perfection" post.
    I have never thought to give people mascara for Christmas, but what a great idea!  People can be quite particular when it comes to foundations, concealers, and blushes, etc., but mascara is something fun to experiment with!  Plus, most higher end mascaras have such beautiful packaging that they only need a little red bow around them and you're good to go.  Yay for holiday beauty gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)