Dec 4, 2012

Let's Talk About Lip Stains!























When thinking of the title for this post I was so tempted to combine "lip" and "stain" into one word as they have become about as common as lipstick, which is all one word.  Unfortunately, the little red dotted line beneath "lipstain" given by my laptop reminded me that people may not be ready for that combination just yet.  I realize I am a little late in jumping on the stain bandwagon, but better late than never.  My first lip stain experience can be accredited to Revlon, possibly my favorite drugstore makeup brand ever (at least after the discovery of my beloved Colorstay).  I have chosen their Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in Mystical, which is a two-sided combo with balm on one end and a stain marker on the other.  The color is a gorgeous mauve or a toned-down berry, whichever description you prefer.  The formula is surprisingly long-lasting, though I might recommend a lip liner as this bleeds occasionally.  I love love love the marker application. I've found that this will last without re-application for about two hours.  My main complaint when it comes to this particular lip stain is the balm.  The formula is not bad at all, but the way it's packaged is so annoying.  The balm cannot be rolled up or down, so what you see it what you get.  I've already knocked the balm off with the cap, so that was the end of that.  Would I purchase this again?  Maybe, but I may just try the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain which is a combination of both balm and stain in one product.

See ya never, lip balm!
The Marker







No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)