Jan 11, 2013

Less Isn't Always More

The Culprit
    In recent attempts to save some money, I've become a bit of a bargain shopper.  I will gladly splurge on my makeup, but I'm admittedly cheap when it comes to cleansers (J&J's baby wash, anyone?).  But being a frugal college student does have its downfalls, and I am not referring to the morning after $2 well drinks at the Paddock, you crazy party animals.  I am referring to the difference between name brand and generic cleansers.  I'm all the way on the generic bandwagon, saving money wherever I can. It wasn't until this week that I've been disappointed with a cleanser dupe.  Enter Target's Up & Up Daily Scrub Brightening, an attempt at a knock off of Aveeno's Skin Brightening Daily Scrub.  As a gentle, morning cleanser, this product works fine, though I wouldn't recommend it for removing heavy makeup.  The major downfall for me is the lack of exfoliating particles.  Aveeno's scrub is packed with tiny exfoliants that are very gentle, yet extremely effective.  The exfoliation provided by Up & Up's scrub leaves much to be desired.  One plus is that this Target generic smells EXACTLY like the real deal, a very fresh, clean scent.  Every cloud has a silver lining!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)