Jan 28, 2013

Soap, Glory, and Disappointment

 Let me start off by saying Happy Monday!  I know Mondays tend to get a bad rap being the first, and typically the longest-feeling, day of the week, but I actually enjoy them sometimes.  A good Monday can shape a whole week.  I've managed to wake up, shower, AND get Starbucks this morning!  What a great Monday!



 Unfortunately, I have to follow up that positive greeting with a negative product rant. I had Soap & Glory's Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser on my February Wish List (here), but I was able to purchase it before I expected.  I wanted to like this one so bad...the smell, the texture, the cute packaging, all gorgeous!  UGH, why me?  But now that I look back on it, I can't help but think: "Hey, dummy, if cleansing oils don't work on your skin then what made you think a cleanser full of oils would be beneficial???"  Mind you, I am not one to write a rant before I have experienced adverse effects, so let me tell you now that a couple new blemishes have appeared (in areas where I don't breakout normally) in the last couple of days.  Seeing as this is the only new addition to my routine, it has to be the culprit (*Sad Face*).

Pros:
-Fragrance: like lavender and oranges
-Texture: very creamy, much like a thick lotion
-Cleanses Well:  it managed to remove every speck of makeup on my skin; eye makeup was a bit trickier, but it did the job on that too

Cons:
-Fragrance: it smelled great, but fragrant oils+ eye makeup removal= disaster! (Note: Soap & Glory does warn about this on the back of the box)
-Not Great with Acne-Prone Skin: this one pretty much sums it up; I got a pimple on my cheek and under my eyebrow... I never breakout in these areas.  



 Did I like this "hot cloth cleanser"?  No.  Does this mean you won't like it? Not at all, if you think your skin can handle these ingredients (shown above), then go for it.  It does smell lovely and comes with with a free muslin cloth (which I'm hoping I can keep once I return it!). Also, at $20 it's one of the cheaper hot cloth cleansers on the market.
 
 
   
                            How do you feel about hot cloth cleansers?  Love 'em or leave 'em?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is greatly appreciated. However, I prefer no "follow for follow" comments. If you want me to check out your blog, leave a link and I will visit it! Thanks for reading:)